It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Get all your friends together and preparing for the upcoming Challenge season – Bloodlines, by organizing your fantasy league. Please see below as the scoring system we’ll use this season.
This is also the scoring used by my buddy Patrick Mayo (@ThePME). He started a new version of the game on a site if you wanna play and share. http://goo.gl/gp2rov
Remember that every week, a day or two after an episode airs, we’ll post the officially unofficial scoring of the week.
Always hoping to improve, we have made some adjustments from seasons past.
Last season we ran into the issue of someone verbally berating another person, but that other person didn’t fight back, so it wasn’t technically a “fight.” This season, we have changed our scoring. There is now a separate category for one person unilaterally berating the other (points to the bully/abuser/crazy-pants). Verbal fighting is worth more, as engaging another in a fight is always more exciting! Same idea applies on the physical level: points for an attack, more points for an actual fight.
Because someone seems to leave for injury, we’ve eliminated the -50 point penalty. It’s penalty enough that you lose a player.
Scoring system for Bloodlines:
- Making T.J. say, “You killed it”: 10 points
- Making T.J. express verbal disappointment in you quitting: -5 points
- Making T.J. verbally express his disappointment in anything else about your behavior besides quitting (not related to performance, so basically for being a jerk): 10 points
- Winning the regular challenge: 15 points
- Winning elimination challenge: 25 points
- Winning final challenge: 100 points
- 2nd place at final challenge: 30 points
- 3rd place at final challenge: 10 points
- Leaving show due to sickness or partner being kicked off/leaving: no points
- Female Crying: 5 points
- Male Crying: 20 points
- Open-mouth kissing: 5 points per participant
- Coitus (or pulling over covers in bed): 20 points per participant
- Nudity: 10 points
- Unilateral verbal beratement: 5 points
- Verbal Fighting (more than 1 participant): 10 points
- Unilateral physical attack: 15 points
- Physical Fighting (more than 1 participant): 25 points (hard push and slapping counts in this category)
- Being kicked off show for something other than injury: 100 points (must be eliminated outside of game play… this is basically fighting and/or Vinny-style sexual harassment)
- Vomiting: 5 points (limit 2 per episode)
- Peeing in public, non-toilet: 10 points
- The Nany Bonus: (and she’s on this season!) if a player hooks up (open-mouth kissing or more) with more than 1 person in a single episode, they’ll receive an additional 5 points.
- Winning Battle of the Ex-iled (or whatever this season’s equivalent may be): 5 points
New this season!
- Family hook up: 5 points (if both Bloodlines hook up in the same episode)
- Family double hook up: 15 points (if both Bloodlines hook up with two people from the same Bloodline)
NOTE: Flashbacks from previous challenges do not count towards scoring.
Hook up clarification. If two players hook up (open-mouth kissing or more) more than once in an episode, they only get points once. If they hook up (open-mouth kissing or more) again on another episode, they get points again. So they can double up week to week, but not within an episode.
The Marlon & Derek Rule: Anything that happened off camera/was not shown, does not count in scoring unless all participants in event (hook up, fight, etc.) acknowledge it occurred on camera during an episode of the show (not internet, After Show or Reunion).
*Anything that happens in internet exclusive videos or during the After Show or the Reunion Special does not count towards scores. Only the winner matters, if MTV does another losers tournament.
Questions? Comments? Post below!
Now that the rules are in place, get ready to draft! Draft thoughts/tips coming soon…