This week: Fighting, more fighting and none of it while competing in Challenges or elimination jungles.
SEASON 28 EP 4
Title: I’m Going Home
If the Are You the One? chumps are trying to be in an alliance, they need Christina & Nate, regardless of whatever side deal they are working. Amanda and Simone prove that these rookies have no idea how to play the game when they verbally attack Christina (5 points each), making Christina cry (5 points) and alienate someone they likely want/need for their alliance.
After Tony walks away from Amanda, Camila calls out the new girl for bringing the drama on herself for no reason. Amanda talks like the tough black chick she’s not, and gets in Camila’s face, screaming (10 points each). Camila shouts her resume and then Amanda pushes Camila who needs to be physically restrained, so this is a physical fight now (30 points each). Security is there and everything!
- If we don’t see some regular Challenge-Deliberation/Drama-Elimination episodes soon, I’m going to start the hashtag #MaketheChallengeChallengeAgain
- To be a more productive complainer, it seems Justin Booth, who had been the showrunner for like the last 12 seasons or so, is out, and someone else is in. Maybe that explains the difference in episode format this season.
- For the record, the best show is The Challenge. How was this not brought up in the Real World vs. Are You The One? fight?
- Jessica and Tony are interesting to watch. She condemns his bad behavior, while also being attracted to it. I wonder if/when she’ll learn he cheated on his pregnant girlfriend with Christina last season.
- On that topic, another episode, another 40 minutes of content that doesn’t acknowledge Kelly Anne and Dario or Christina and Tony. We hear Kelly Anne cheering on Dario during the Challenge, but that’s it for follow-up.
- Watching Nicole tell Nate she cares about him, then walking away was quite amusing.
- The preview for next week hints reveals there will be another replacement team. Any new pair better not get a waste of time evening out that cancels an elimination. CAN WE PLEASE GET TO THE GAME HERE?
Episode 4 scores shown below:
A link to the excel score spreadsheet is here: Rivals 3 – Ep4 Scores
Best player performance of the episode: Amanda (60 points)
Worst player performances of the episode: Brandon (-5 points and a world of shame)