This time, there’s a tie in the elimination voting!
Season 32 – Episode 9
Title: Bro-ing Pains
The cast comes home to see a “you killed it” note from T.J. (10 points for everyone still in the main house).
Meanwhile, Bananas tries to see if Jozea & Da’Vonne will consider being in an alliance with them, and Brad & Kyle as a counter-alliance from the “Lavender Ladies.” Cara Maria & Marie are also a sort of “rogue” team.
Back in the Redemption House, CT apologizes to Veronica. Tori & Derrick talk about how they want to get back at Jozea & Da’Vonne and then get Cara Maria & Marie.
At the main house, no one can quite figure out who is voting for who. Marie feels frustrated and cries (10 points).
Voting time… Shane & Nelson vote for Cara Maria & Marie, who vote for them. Kam & Kayleigh vote Hunter & Smashley, who vote for them. We don’t see other votes.
At Armageddon, we find out how the voting happened. All the teams got votes except for Bananas & Tony and Zach & Amanda.
Interestingly enough, there’s a three-way tie for teams voted in:
Sylvia & Joss – voted by Brad & Kyle and Jozea & Da’Vonne
Kayleigh & Kam – voted by Hunter & Smashley and Bananas & Tony
Jozea & Da’Vonne – voted by Zach & Amanda (power vote, counts twice)
Since Zach & Amanda won the challenge, they get to break the tie. They stick with who they picked, Jozea & Da’Vonne. Since they are who voted Jozea & Da’Vonne in, and they are safe, Jozea & Da’Vonne can choose anyone else. Jozea says Kayleigh & Kam. Even Da’Vonne expected Shane & Nelson to be the pick, but Kam did orchestrate an entire vote to get them and fellow rookies Faith & Angela in.
The elimination game is called Think Tank. At the bottom of the tank is a puzzle. One person is the climber and the other is the diver. The climber’s line gives slack to the diver, who goes underwater to look at the puzzle, then come up and tell the climber the information for the partner to put the puzzle together. First to finish their puzzle wins. Da’Vonne and Kayleigh are the divers because Jozea is not good in water at all.
Kam starts off as a cheerleader, but is getting frustrated. Da’Vonne and Kayleigh are suffering. It’s cold and hard to see the puzzle under the water.
Seeing as the divers are upside down and the puzzle is strangely complicated in its triangular pieces, the teams suffer through 45 minutes of up and down on a cold night before T.J. announces that they have 4 more minutes until he’s calling it, and the closest puzzle will win.
Da’Vonne and Kayleigh head to a truck to get warm. While in the truck, Kam asks Jozea why he chose them and he doesn’t really have an answer. Da’Vonne is upset from the conversation.
Jozea & Da’Vonne had six pieces wrong, while Kayleigh & Kam had just three wrong. Kayleigh & Kam win (25 points each).
Back at the Redemption House, Jozea & Da’Vonne fight with Tori about how they all got to where they are (15 points each). Tori walks away.
It’s time for the next double-cross. Whoever gets the double-cross will pick one team to face in Armageddon and the rest will go home. Everyone picks and no one is getting it. Last to pull are Jozea & Da’Vonne, and they get it.
- Brutal elimination. Just hanging upside down that long would be rough.
- Seeing Zach & Amanda talk through their vote when we know they are voting Jozea & Da’Vonne is a waste. We’ll see more deliberation waste next week since we know Jozea & Da’Vonne are going to pick their Big Brother friends Paulie & Natalie.
- If this season wasn’t occurring in slow motion, we could have just seen the Redemption elimination tonight, too.
- Another “purge” next week, but with the Redemption House right there, a “purge” challenge is significantly less exciting.
- The Bananas/Cara Maria semi-alliance is confusing to me. They seem like buddies, but Bananas definitely doesn’t mention that team as a fellow “rogue” team. Are they a secret alliance or a non-alliance?
- Tori, maybe you’re in Redemption also because you lost? But it is easier to blame who voted for you, I guess.
- The double cross is stupid.
Stuff on Twitter:
- Tony with the self-awareness! #TeamDadBod
- Jozea thought Shane would be good in a water elimination.
- Zach & Jenna’s romance is alive and well.
- Another example as to how Kyle gets the ladies to love him.
Episode 9 scores:
A link to the excel score spreadsheet is here: The Challenge Final Reckoning – Ep9 Scores
Best player performance of the episode: Kayeligh & Kam (35 points each)
Worst player performance of the episode: Angela, Faith, CT, Veronica, Paulie, Natalie (0 points)