Hello out there!
It’s been a fun and enjoyable season with a lot of strategic planning and good challenges in front of the beautiful Icelandic backdrop. Unfortunately, MTV has kept the episodes at an elongated 90-minute run time even as half of the cast has been eliminated, quit, left for injury, or been eliminated again after coming back because someone left for injury.
Thoughts from a fan perspective:
- The editing this season has been awful. The most recent example was cuts to Darrell one piece away from solving the Tena gram and then continuing to show him and Devin try to solve the puzzle in what we now know was not a chronological sequence. The sport of the game is lost with this choppy editing. CT seemed to solve his puzzle quickly, but we didn’t get to just see him do it in “real time.” Leroy seemed really fast upside down on the pole, but we can’t be fully impressed because we didn’t just get to watch him shimmy and scoot to the end in back as one shot.
- Now that we see old seasons on streaming services, isn’t it amazing that we used to get the trifecta of terrific (challenge, drama & deliberation, elimination) in merely 30 minutes! Really makes you feel like seeing a conversation at the gym between Leroy and Kaycee about how well they are doing is fluff and/or foreshadowing that they will win it all.
Thoughts from a fantasy points perspective:
- T.J. is back on “You Killed It”! Yay!
- Because Smashley (the first to be eliminated) came back, no one was a total bust with 0 points for the season.
- Where is all the hooking up? Did Kam & Leroy only agree to do the season if MTV didn’t show them doing the coitus? Has Nany lost her groove?
- We eliminated -100 for quitting and Lolo deserved that. Lio didn’t. So I guess it’s a wash.
- Fessy and Aneesa won the first two challenges, and haven’t won since. They were so close to the winning three challenges in a row bonus, missed it, and no one has repeated consecutively since.
- Fessy is still leading the points by player with 170.
See the points by player breakdown so far below: