Scoring system for Rivals 3:
- Making T.J. say, “You killed it”: 10 points
- Making T.J. express verbal disappointment in poor performance or quitting: -5 points
- Making T.J. verbally express his disappointment in anything else about your behavior besides quitting (not related to performance, so basically for being a jerk): 10 points
- Winning the regular challenge: 15 points
- Winning elimination challenge: 25 points
- Winning final challenge: 100 points
- 2nd place at final challenge: 30 points
- 3rd place at final challenge: 10 points
- Leaving show due to sickness or partner being kicked off/leaving: no points
- Female Crying: 5 points
- Male Crying: 20 points
- Open-mouth kissing: 10 points per participant
- Coitus: 20 points per participant NOTE: This must be blatant! Ambiguous could-be-cuddling will not count. If both parties admit it, points will be awarded. Otherwise, clothes must be show being removed, squirming under covers and/or moaning.
- Nudity: 10 points
- Unilateral verbal beratement: 5 points
- Verbal Fighting (more than 1 participant): 10 points
- Unilateral physical attack: 15 points
- Physical Fighting (more than 1 participant): 30 points (hard push and slapping counts in this category)
- Being kicked off show for something other than injury: 100 points (must be eliminated outside of game play… this is basically fighting and/or Vinny-style sexual harassment)
- Vomiting: 5 points (limit 2 per episode)
- Peeing in public, non-toilet, including peeing your pants: 10 points
- The Nany Bonus: If a player hooks up (open-mouth kissing or more) with more than one person in a single episode, they’ll receive an additional 5 points.
- Winning any sort of loser tournament (like Battle of the Ex-iled, if they do that this season): 5 points
New for Rivals 3!
- In honor of Tony, 25 points if anyone has to take a pregnancy test during the season. 50 points if pregnancy test is positive.
NOTE: Flashbacks from previous challenges do not count towards scoring.
Hook up clarification. If two players hook up (open-mouth kissing or more) more than once in an episode, they only get points once. If they hook up (open-mouth kissing or more) again on another episode, they get points again. So they can double up week to week, but not within an episode.
The Marlon & Derek Rule: Anything that happened off camera/was not shown, does not count in scoring unless all participants in event (hook up, fight, etc.) acknowledge it occurred on camera during an episode of the show (not internet, After Show or Reunion).
*Anything that happens in internet exclusive videos or during the After Show or the Reunion Special does not count towards scores. Only the winner matters, if MTV does another losers tournament.
Those weird little 30-second clips shown during the middle of the commercials near the end of the TV version do not count for the “official record” for fantasy purposes, unless they are shown in the MTV.com version of the show.
Most Fantasy Points of the Season – Camila (290 points)
2nd Most Fantasy Points of the Season – Sarah (250 points)
3rd Most Fantasy Points of the Season – Bananas (240 points)
Best Performance by a Rookie – Ashley (145 points)